Furry Friends Take on Camping
Camping with pets is always a fun way to involve your furry best friends in your love for outdoors! Whether you are traveling in a travel trailer, fifth wheel, or tent camping you can bring your pets along! A lot of us are big fans of traveling with our pets anywhere we go because then we do not have to worry about finding care for them while we are away and everything is a little more fun with our besties along for the ride! Keep in mind though there are a few things you need to know before setting off on a trip that involves our furry friends, so take a look below!
- Have a trial run! Before setting off on an extended adventure, take a short trial run to see what you need. Make a list in preparation for your longer journey ahead to help make the process smoother!
- Read up on rules! Read ahead of your campsites rules on pets. Take precaution is staying in noise restricted areas as well!
- Be courteous of other campers! Be sure to keep noise at a moderate level if you have neighbors, pick up after your pet, and be respectful of boundaries of other campers who might be allergic or have fear of animals!
- Extra hydration! Make sure as you’re on the go, that your pet is receiving extra hydration along the journey. A on the move home is a lot different than at home where a water bowl is in a permanent spot!
- Remain with your pet! Try not to leave pets unattended. In a new environment with new smells, noises, and sights it’s easy for our pets to become overwhelmed. Just try and incorporate whatever you do with your pets too!