Camping may seem like a great way to bond, until the kids start hollering “I’m bored!” Don’t worry, every parent has been there. Here are a few kid friendly activities to help with connecting family and nature!
- Scavenger Hunt – Have the kids hike along with you to a new destination and pick up or find fascinating objects they find on the way! Whoever has the coolest by the end of the hike wins!
- Childhood Games – Show them the games you considered cool when growing up! It’s always fun learning how to play “Red Rover” or “Red Light Green Light”!
- Build a Fire – Children love being involved, teach them how to safely make and extinguish a fire!
- Charades – Who doesn’t love charades, it is the perfect around the campfire game for everyone!
- Setup/Pickup – Again, kids love to help, let them! Involve them in setting up the chairs, or build up the fire pit!