Camping with Kids
Find yourself worrying about camping with your child(ren) for the first time, or even the fifth time? No one wants to hear the dreaded words, “I’m bored” while trying to have a fun, family outing. To help out we put together a little list of all the cool ideas for kids to do while out in the great outdoors with you. Some may require a items, but most are easily done with just yourself!
- Capture the Flag – Divide into teams and use anything handy for your “flag”. Rock, paper, scissors for which team can hide the flag first. One person hides the flag and returns to base, and the first person to find the flag wins.
- Park Ranger – Think “Simon Says” only it’s “Park Ranger Says” now. One person is designated park ranger, last person standing after following Park Rangers Direction is the Park Ranger for next round.
- Bubble Station – An easy outdoor activity. Poor bubbles for everyone or set up a blower and enjoy the whimsical entertainment.
- Bean Bag Toss – This amusing activity has become quite popular in both children and adults. Usually you can find pre-made bean bag games at the store, or you can opt to make your own. Whoever makes it to your target score first, wins.
- Target Practice – For this game you might need the help of some Nerf guns or even slingshots. Set up a target with a paper/plastic plate and take aim. By the end of your trip you wont miss the target at all.