When seeing the local wildlife, one of the many joys of camping, we have to remember that we must also show consideration for them. Many do not think about the disruption that our enjoyable times may be for the wildlife, so there are a few things you can remember to do your part in making a great experience for you, family, friends, and the wildlife too!
- Safely store and contain food/food odors that attract unwanted wildlife
- Give the wildlife lots of space once you encounter them
- Do not try and trap or take home the wildlife that you see
- Minimize changes to their habitat, or areas surrounding their habitat
- Pick up supplies, extinguish fires, and and throw away all trash